Friday, January 31, 2014

Cards In A Box!

I first saw these cute Cards In A Box on Pinterest and I just had to give them a try!  A Stampin' Up! demonstrator from the UK, Monica Gale, posted this idea in late December, and this idea has spread around the world!  I recently found a post by France Martin that featured dimensions that would allow the card to fit in our Stampin' Up Medium Envelopes here in the US.  Thanks for doing the math, Frenchie!!

My nephew's birthday is coming up, so I decided to make a special birthday card for his first birthday.  I was inspired by Frenchie's balloon birthday card:


I was so happy with how this card turned out, I had to make another one.  This time, I used the Backyard Basics stamp set and coordinating framelits.  What do you think?


The coordinating framelits make cutting out these images SO easy!  I used a Blender Pen to color the flowers and the butterfly.  I can see where this will be a fun class for my stamping friends!

Here are both cards together:


You can stamp a sentiment and sign your name on the back panel:


I apologize for the photo quality -- I am at a crop, so I am taking photos on the fly with my phone.  I just couldn't wait to share these fun cards with you!

Update:  I posted a photo tutorial about the Card In A Box on March 6.  Check it out!

Happy Stamping,

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kayla -- I am putting the finishing touches on the tutorial, so be sure to check back later this week!

      Delete
  2. Kayla Ursenbach -- I will be writing a tutorial later this week for this card. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do I find your tutorial on the Cards in a Box? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise -- I am putting the finishing touches on the tutorial, so check back later this week. Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete
  4. Hi I cant find the tutorial for these cards. Could you please post the link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My March 6 post has the Card In A Box tutorial. Here is the direct link:
      http://stampinallnight.blogspot.com/2014/03/card-in-box-tutorial.html

      Delete
  5. What do you use to keep the balloons standing up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Stampin' Up!'s Window Sheets. I cut them into strips 3" by 1/2" and then attached the elements to them with glue dots, and then I attached the bottom of the strips to the card bridges with glue dots. I hope this helps! Have fun making your card in a box!

      Delete