Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I have been designing Christmas cards and teaching classes featuring holiday cards since July -- yes, you heard me right -- July!  So, you would think I have had all of my cards stamped and ready to go, right?  Oh, how I wish that were true!  (They will get mailed this week!)

I had lots of ideas running around in my noggin' for my card this year, but I decided that what the world needs most of all right now is peace.  So, I wanted to feature the Peace on Earth stamp from the Greetings of the Season stamp set (page 8 of the Holiday Mini catalog) with the beautiful snowflakes from the Snowflake Soiree stamp set (page 5 of the Holiday Mini catalog).  I hope you like it!




Close-up of snowflakes stamped with Illuminate ink.  It is hard to photograph, but it is really pretty in real life!

Here are the supplies I used for this card:
Stamps:
Greetings of the Season  (#128030 $15.95 wood mount, #128033 $11.95 clear mount)
Snowflake Soiree (#127922 $29.95 wood mount, #127925 $21.95 clear mount)
More Merry Messages (#126400 $32.95 wood mount, #126402 $24.95 clear mount)
Paper:
Whisper White
Night of Navy
Ink:
Night of Navy
Versa Mark (for embossing)
Illuminate
Accessories:
Embossing Buddy
Silver Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Stampin' Dimensionals
Apothecary Accents Framelits
Lacy Brocade Textured Embossing Folder
Basic Rhinestones

It is Christmas Eve, and I hope you are ready for a wonderful holiday with family and friends.  Be sure to remember the reason for the season.  May God bless you with peace, health and happiness in the new year.  We attended church this evening and heard our niece sing with the Childrens' Choir, then visited with dear neighbors.  Tomorrow will be a day of cooking and fun, followed by another day of family fun on Wednesday.  Hug the ones you love, and make those memories.  (You will want to scrapbook them in January! lol)  Merry Christmas!

 
We even had a white Christmas eve!  



No comments:

Post a Comment