I picked up these napkins a while back at the Dollar Store. Here is what we created with them:
|Here is a close-up of the Dazzling Diamonds on the front of the card. The photo does not adequately capture the sparkle you see when you hold this card in real life!|
Now you know why I chose "Ooohhh -- Sparkly" as the title for this blog post. :-) This card was made using the "Glitter Napkin Technique." This is a fun and easy technique!
Here’s what you need:
Whisper White card stock
Paper napkin with a design on it
Transfer Adhesive Sheets
Versamark stamp pad
Heat and Stick Powder
Here’s how you do it:
1. Unfold the napkin and remove all of the white layers inside the napkin. You will only be using the printed layer of the napkin. Use scissors or paper snips to cut the napkin slightly larger than your piece of Whisper White card stock. Set aside.
2. Cut the Transfer Adhesive Sheet to match the size of the Whisper White card stock. Remove protective layer of adhesive sheet, and press Whisper White card stock on top of adhesive sheet. Rub to transfer adhesive to card stock.
3. Remove second protective layer from the adhesive sheet that is now on the Whisper White card stock. Turn the napkin face down onto the table, and then place the Whisper White card stock – adhesive side DOWN – onto the napkin. Press with hands to stick card stock to napkin. Use scissors or paper snips to trim excess napkin from card stock.
4. Smash Versamark ink pad all over the front of the napkin. Make sure you ink it well because this is what will grab the Heat and Stick Powder. Pour Heat and Stick Powder all over the front of the napkin. Tap off excess, then heat to melt with heat tool. (You will notice that Heat and Stick powder will turn clear as it melts.)
5. Pour Dazzling Diamonds all over the front of the napkin. Shake off excess, then heat with heat tool to “set” the Dazzling Diamonds into the Heat and Stick Powder. (The first time you melt the Heat and Stick powder it will become sticky, the second time you heat the Heat and Stick powder it will set and no longer be sticky.)
6. Layer your Glittery Napkin piece onto coordinating card stock and mount on your card.
Here are the supplies I used to make this card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
We are getting snow tonight into tomorrow, and it looks just like Dazzling Diamonds as it is glistening on the porch railings, deck, and just about everywhere! I think the saying "little flakes, big snow" will be coming true for us over the next day or so. I will be organizing my craft room (again!) tomorrow -- wish me luck!
Stay Warm & Happy Stamping,