Thursday, September 8, 2011

The new Holiday Stocking Die is (pardon the pun) to die for!!!

When I first laid eyes on the new Holiday Mini Catalog, the first thing that caught my attention and started my creative wheels turning was the new Holiday Stocking Die for the Sizzix Big Shot machine.  I knew I just HAD to have it, so when it was time for demos to pre-order items, it was on the top of my wish list.  I immediately knew what I wanted to make with it -- and here it is!
I made this one and took it to a recent meeting at my upline's house.  It was not difficult to make, just a little time consuming!  I think I will offer this as a class this fall -- what do you think?  I attached the snowflakes to Stampin' Up! mini clothes pins with Tombow Multi, then clipped them onto the twine in between each stocking.  Here is a close-up of one of the stockings:
I layered the new Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper onto the heel and toe of the stocking, then added the "H" or the "O."  Once they were dry, I ran it through the Big Shot using the new Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing folder.  I ran the cuff of the stocking through separately, then attached.  I added some ribbon to the top for decoration, and then punched holes and threaded twine through. 

I am sorry this post is a little late -- computer issues were finally solved -- yippee!  New battery, new power supply, no problems (hopefully).  I will be posting more fun ideas for the fall this weekend, so I hope you check back soon!  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment