Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tape It Christmas Tree Tag

This project shows the versatility of the Tape It stamp set.  The first time I saw it, I thought about the Christmas tree I made last year with graduated lengths of Designer Series Paper.  And, the ol' brain started thinking about using the Tape It stamp set to make different lengths of faux washi tape to create a Christmas tree.  And, that is how this tag was "born!" 


I stamped different patterns from the Tape It stamp set in Old Olive ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I used my Paper Snips to cut them out, and then I trimmed each piece 1/4" smaller than the one below it. 

The base of the tag was cut with the Oval Accent Bigz Clear Die from Real Red card stock.  I embossed the tag base with the Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  A thin strip of Early Espresso card stock was layered on top as the tree trunk.  The branches were attached to the tag base with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I used the Cupcake Builder Punch and some scraps of Silver Glimmer Paper to add some sparkly ornaments to the tree.  A loop of Silver 1/8" Ribbon at the top of the tag lets you hang it from a gift. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment