Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tape It with some Fall Flair


It is hard to believe it is Labor Day weekend, and Fall will be here before we know it.  The leaves will be changing color and sweater weather will be upon us.  That is what I was thinking when I created this card. 

I stamped the hounds tooth and chevron patterned stamps from the Tape It stamp set in Early Espresso ink onto Very Vanilla card stock several times.  I cut them out with my Paper Snips, then attached them to a layer of Early Espresso card stock.  Next, I ran this card stock through the Big Shot machine with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I just love the texture this embossing folder gives the background of this card, don't you?  I attached the Early Espresso to the Cajun Craze card front, then added the other stamped images and embellishments.

I also used the new Magnificent Maple stamp and the Chalk Talk stamp set to make this card.  The Magnificent Maple was stamped with Cajun Craze ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and cut out with my paper snips.  The "For You" sentiment from the Chalk Talk stamp set was inked in Early Espresso ink and stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock then punched out with our 1 3/8" Circle Punch.    

I layered two buttons for the embellishment on the front of the card.  I tied some Early Espresso Baker's Twine through the holes of one of the Very Vintage Designer Buttons, then layered this button on top of one of our Naturals Designer Buttons.  I attached the two buttons together with 2 Mini Glue Dots.  I added 3 Cajun Craze Candy Dots from the Regals Candy Dots in the lower right corner to finish it off. 

You can order all of the supplies I used for this card at http://nancyamato.stampinup.net.  Have a great Labor Day weekend!

1 comment: