Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Butterfly Basics Collage Card

Hello!  Today, I would like to show you the last project we made at Stamp Club last week:


I just love, love, love the images in the Butterfly Basics stamp set! They are perfect for collage stamping, so I paired them with the Dictionary background stamp for this card.  Here is a closer shot of the front of the card:


Collage stamping is a fun technique!  You keep layering color and images on top of each other to give depth and detail to your design. I started with the Dictionary background stamp, then stamped the ferns.  The honeycomb was stamped next, then the greeting on top. The flower was stamped, then I added the small circle stamp in the bottom corner.  I stamped the butterfly in the upper left corner and also on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched it out and layered it on top of the card with a Stampin' Dimensional.

Here is the inside of the card:


I added the fern images on the inside of the card and on the envelope to carry the theme throughout all of the pieces.  Here are the supplies I used for this project:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Pull out some stamps and ink and give collage stamping a try! Leave a comment and let me know about your project. 

Happy Stamping,

No comments:

Post a Comment