Friday, July 22, 2011

Christmas In July!

Well....it was well over 100 degrees today, but I am thinking "Christmas!"  I am prepping supplies for my Christmas In July class with a tall glass of cold iced tea by my side.  Here is one of the cards we will be making:
I just love this new stamp set!  It is called "Beautiful Season" and it lends itself so easily to vintage-looking cards.  This card uses the colors Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake.  My absolute favorite detail about this card is the circular medallion shape with the yummy Cherry Cobbler seam binding woven in it:

LOVE IT!  This piece was cut using the Perfect Pennants die for the Sizzix Big Shot machine.  Yes -- this card takes a little time to make, but if I start now, I could have them done by December, right?  :-) 

Come back soon for some more Christmas ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing the idea of the woven ribbon on the medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to be one of the very best!! Hope it's ok for me to CASE it - my set is coming in this week. Hope you win the challenge.

    ReplyDelete