Friday, August 31, 2012

Faux Linen Technique

Hello!  Today's card features the Faux Linen technique.  This card was part of my "Say It Isn't Faux" class (pardon the pun,  at least I think it is funny!).  Here is the card:


This was one of my swaps at the Stampin' Up! Convention this summer.  Here's how you do the Faux Linen technique:

1.  Ink En Francais stamp with Daffodil Delight and stamp on GLOSSY card stock.  Let dry.
2.  Use your Stampin' Up! Sanding Block to sand this piece of card stock vertically, then horizontally.  You will be removing some of the ink and gloss from the surface of the paper.  Be sure to sand vertically then horizontally so you get a "grid-like" effect.  This will be what will give the impression of linen.  Wipe off dust with a microfiber cloth or a soft cloth. 
3.  Use a Stampin' Sponge to add ink along the edges of this piece.  Randomly sponge some ink on the surface, too.  Repeat sanding vertically, then horizontally.  Wipe off dust again. 
4.  Ink flower stamp from Serene Silhouettes with Basic Gray ink and stamp in center.  Let dry.  Lightly sand vertically, then horizontally.  Wipe off dust again.

I hope you give it a try!  It is a fun technique, although it is a little messy.  I think this stamping technique is a good excuse when you have unexpected guests and your furniture is dusty.  Just say, "Oh, I have been doing the Faux Linen technique with my Stampin' Up! supplies.  I guess the dust drifted onto the furniture!"  :-)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment