Monday, August 26, 2013

Another Tape It Project

Hello!  I hope everyone had a great 1st day of school!  I saw my niece this morning and she was so excited and happy to show me her new backpack and water bottle.  Such a cutie-pie!

New stamp sets make me happy, and the "Tape It" stamp set is no exception. 


This card uses the chevron stamp to make a background for the "hello, you" sentiment.  I stamped this image several times in Daffodil Delight, Real Red, and Pacific Point on Whisper White card stock.  I used my Paper Snips to cut out each strip, then attached them to another piece of Whisper White card stock.  I alternated the direction of the chevron and the color of the strips to create the pattern you see in the photo. 

I used the Ovals Framelits Dies to create an oval card with the large, scallop oval framelit.  Just use a piece of card stock with a fold at the top.  Make sure the fold is on the inside of the oval framelit when you run it through the Big Shot machine.  This will give you a folded, oval card base.  Next, cut another single oval with the same framelit.  This piece will be attached to the oval card base to make an oval card. 

I used a smaller oval framelit die to cut a hole in the center of the card front.  I attached the chevron stamped piece of Whisper White behind the scallop oval and then attached both to the front of the card base. 

I just love to use our Paper Piercer and Piercing Templates to add that special touch -- it only takes a few seconds and it really makes a difference in the appearance of the card.  Real Red Candy Dots and a 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon Bow finish it  off.

See you soon with another project featuring the "Tape It" stamp set.  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment