Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Quick and Simple Tape It Card


I needed a quick Thank You card, and this stamp set let me create one in under 20 minutes.  I started with a card base of Strawberry Slush and punched a small butterfly in Strawberry Slush with our Bitty Butterfly punch.  I stamped several different patterns from the Tape It stamp set in Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, and Baked Brown Sugar.  I stamped the sentiment in StazOn Black ink onto Whisper White, then punched it out with the Label Bracket Punch.  I backed it with an Extra-Large Oval punched in Basic Black card stock.  The sentiment is from the Best of Greetings stamp set -- you can order this set through March, 2014.

Best of Greetings  #133485  $14.95 Clear Mount Only
I wrapped some Whisper White Baker's Twine around the butterfly and tied a knot at the top.  Trimming the Baker's Twine near the not made perfect antennae, don't you think?  Stampin' Dimensionals attached the punched elements together and to the card front.  I even used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach the Basic Black layer to the Strawberry Slush card.  I love my Stampin' Dimensionals!  

And there you have it -- a quick and easy card in under 20 minutes.  You could change the sentiment and make this card as a birthday, get well, or just a "hello" card too!  I hope you like it and be sure to come back tomorrow for another project featuring the Tape It stamp set.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment