Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sparkly Snowflake Card

Hello!  It has been a busy week, but I finally took some photos of the projects we made at my Christmas In July class.  I will be sharing one project a day for the next five days.  My first project is a card that can be used for Christmas or Hanukkah.  It is also very sparkly!  (I love sparkle!!!)


I pulled the colors for the different layers of the snowflake from the colors in the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP):  Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, and Smoky Slate.  Pool Party is also featured in the Winter Frost Specialty DSP, but I did not use it for this card.  I love how just two small pieces of DSP really frame the snowflake.  Here is a close-up of the snowflake:

 
The sparkly snowflake was made with Whisper White card stock and our Jumbo Sticky Rounds.  I adhered a Sticky Round to a small square of Whisper White, then used the smallest of the snowflakes from the Festive Flurry Framelits Dies to cut it out.  I removed the red plastic to expose the adhesive, then pushed the snowflake into some Silver Stampin' Glitter.  The Silver Glitter is oh-so-sparkly -- it is hard to really capture it in a photo.  I like to keep my glitter is plastic sandwich containers so I can easily dump the excess back into the container.  Plus, I keep a plastic spoon in the container in case I want to sprinkle glitter over adhesive.  The snowflake is assembled with Stampin' Dimensionals between each layer, and the Frosted Finishes Embellishment is attached to the Smoky Slate snowflake with 2 glue dots.

I was able to stamp all 4 snowflakes on 1 piece of Whisper White cut at 4 1/4 x 11 inches.  I used the Festive Flurry Framelits Dies to cut them out.  I think this snowflake would also make a great Christmas tree ornament or special gift tag, don't you?  You can buy the stamps and the framelits in a bundle and save 15%, too!  Here is a shot of the inside of the card:


I inked the smallest snowflake stamp in Smoky Slate, stamped off once on my scrap paper, then stamped onto the inside.  The Peace On Earth was stamped with Island Indigo ink at full strength. 

Here are the supplies I used for this card:
Stamps:
Festive Flurry
Greetings of the Season
Paper:
Whisper White
Smoky Slate
Island Indigo
Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink:
Island Indigo
Coastal Cabana
Bermuda Bay
Smoky Slate
Accessories:
Festive Flurry Framelits Dies
Silver Stampin' Glitter
Frosted Finishes Embellishments
Stampin' Dimensionals
Jumbo Sticky Rounds
Glue Dots
Greetings of the Season
#128030  Wood Mount  $15.95
#128033  Clear Mount  $11.95

Festive Flurry Bundle 
#133284 Wood Mount $54.95
#133285 Clear Mount $46.95




 
Winter Frost Designer Series Paper
#132341  $12.95

Frosted Finishes Embellishments
#132150  $6.95 (12 pieces per package)
 
Silver and Gold Stampin' Glitter
#132205  $7.95
Jumbo Sticky Rounds
#127852  $4.95 (12 per package, 2.5" diameter)

 
 

You can order all of these supplies online at http://nancyamato.stampinup.net.  Come back tomorrow for another one of my Christmas In July projects! 

 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment